With the evolution of the slide in range, it has gained much popularity in the market place and appears to be consumer’s first choice when looking for a new range. We would like to educate you on the differences between the two.
Have a back-guard
- Gas ranges have controls for the oven on the back-guard (see below the GE 30” model PGB995SETSS)
- Electric ranges have controls for the burners
and the oven on the back-guard
ALL controls are located in the front of the range ( seen in picture below GE- PS968SPSS)
- No back-guard – doesn’t block back splash
- Range overlaps the countertop on either side as well as the back
- No cracks for food or crumbs to fall into
- Sleeker look
- Don’t have to reach over a hot burner to reach controls
- Some models offer higher BTU burners.
Please stop by one of Appliance World’s two locations in either Huntington or Oyster Bay, NY to see a vast selection on display. Our experienced sales consultants will be happy to assist you in choosing the best range for your needs.